Monday, April 5, 2010

Women are from Venus and Men Eat Peach Pie

Maybe you remember a while back I posted about a very nice peach pie that James brought home that I could not face due to peach overload many many years ago. The Great Western NY Peach Glut of 1965 (give or take) completely turned me off to any sort of peach jam, pie, crisp etc.  And I blogged about it.  And I talked about it. 

So, when we stopped at a diner famous for its breads and pies I sent James in to get "whatever you want" (there was my mistake) confident we'd have some delicious sweet bread for morning coffee and a yummy pie for Easter dinner.  Out he comes with rye bread and peach pie.  Rye bread that we could get at any bakery and peach pie that I can't face.  Really???  I'm thinking mostly about how little attention he pays when I talk.  It must be like the Charlie Brown teacher with the blah-blah-blah that he hears.

Then I remembered the CNN article that has given me new and valuable insight to the differences between the male and female brains.  This article states some of these differences very clearly in ways that have saved several tense discussions (some might call them arguments).  Makes me wonder if your mother or grandmothers shook their heads in similar dismay.  Not that your mother or especially your grandmothers would ever even consider stopping at a diner to pick up homemade dessert!  They'd be shaking their heads in dismay at that very act.  Such is life today, right?

Ryan's baseball season has begun and the game schedule is keeping us pretty close to home during this vacation week.  He had a great outing for the second game of the season:  a win as pitcher and going 4/5 with 2 RBIs! 
Happy Birthday Wednesday to Nick, Friday to Thomas and Saturday to Lindsay!!  I've made contact with one of the "long lost Coffarelli cousins" and plan a visit later this week.  I hope to have some good information to share about some of your Coffarelli great aunts and uncles.  Stay tuned!!

No comments: