
Perhaps you don't know the Isoldi family too well. Giovanna Isoldi married Joseph Manzelli (a barber) in November 1896 in Long Island City. Your grandmother Marguerite Manzelli was their first child.
Giovanna(Jennie) was born in New York City and her parents were Graciano and Antonia Isoldi. Her siblings were Ralph and Amelia, according to Marilyn. The census seems to indicate another sibling Michael.
Antonia died of pneumonia in 1912 aged 55. Her death certificate lists her parents as Ralph and Sarah Curcio (surname is a little hard to read). Ralph and Sarah may be the new branches on the family tree (if I have the right Antonia Isoldi).
Two years after Antonia died, her widow Graciano remarried a neighbor lady Maria Saraceni. I can just about picture Graciano (about 60 years old) casting his eye about the neighborhood for a potential mate! Maria was a 55 year old widow living a few doors down the street. Anyway, he died in 1934 and she survived him. This Isoldi family lived in the same Astoria house for at least 35 years.
This picture shows "Joe and Jennie" and their family members. Joseph (Guiseppe) is the guy with the moustache and Grandma Jennie (according to Angela Ruska) appears next to him. Angela was unsure who the older lady at the end might be but perhaps it is Marie Isoldi, the second wife. You can see Marguerite and James behind her. I am a bit unsure about the others but I believe they are Manzellis.
So I feel pretty certain that Sarah and Ralph Curcio are your great great great grandparents. Congratulations!
No comments:
Post a Comment